To join me on a virtual sketching trip, download a travel sketch-journal here.
I add tutorials to them so you can learn the techniques and details you see in the sketchbooks.

My former workshop students asked me to upload my workshop workbooks to make them available to everyone. So you can also download a workbook and give yourself a workshop! Enjoy!


Saturday, May 5, 2007

On Beginning a Blog


Starting a blog is a lot like starting a drawing. It's really hard to overcome that blank page, so the best thing to do is make some kind of mark - anything, really - to get you out the gate and on your journey.
So here's the first mark.


I want to share my recent workshop in Costa Rica through the journal, photos and sketches I made there. But since I worked on the journal every day for ten days, there are quite a few words and pictures, which take time to transfer to type and graphics, so I'm going to do it one day at a time.

And since this is my first blog, I'm pretty green at this. It may take a while to puzzle out the ways to do it right so that I can share the immense fun and excitement with you properly.

So this begins my Costa Rica Journal. It's so beautiful there -- I've added a picture I drew of the ocean and jungle from the patio at El Remanso where the workshop was held. It's colored with watercolor pencils.

No comments:

Here's a grab-bag of other entries...

Related Posts with Thumbnails